We hope to prepare children to face challenges and succeed in our changing world by taking local and global action.
◆We want our students to be responsible for their own learning
and how to be lifelong learners
◆Students will learn how to set goals and make a plan to meet them successfully.
◆Foster students’ confidence to support and enhance each person’s talents for the benefit of the team.
- 1UPBEAT believes every student has different strengths, needs, gifts and dreams which make them unique.
- 2 Our education promotes a well-balanced curriculum to develop their intellectual, creative, personal, social, and physical abilities.
- 3 The school is committed to educating both Japanese and foreign students to be international, critical thinkers and lifelong learners by encouraging their curiosity and learning through inquiry.
- 4 The world is constantly changing, therefore we must discover all we can know about what that world would be like in the future to prepare and empower our children to be open-minded, reflective and confident for the challenge.
- 5 We foster our students a global awareness and understanding of cultural diversity to contribute to creating a better and peaceful world.
What is International Baccalaureate?
IB mission statement
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
What is Primary Year Program (PYP)?
The PYP is designed for students aged 3 to 12. It focuses on the development of the whole child as an inquirer, both in the classroom and in the world outside. It is a framework guided by six transdisciplinary themes of global significance, explored using knowledge and skills derived from six subject areas, as well as transdisciplinary skills, with a powerful emphasis on inquiry.
What are the Learner Profile?
The aim of all IB programmes is to develop internationally minded people who, recognizing their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet, help to create a better and more peaceful world. IB learners strive to be:
Developing and demonstrating the attributes of the learner profile provides an important foundation for international-mindedness.
What are the Six Transdisciplinary themes?
The PYP is a transdisciplinary program organized around six themes of global significance that provides the opportunity to incorporate both and local global issues. Teachers are guided by these six transdisciplinary themes as they design units of inquiry. Elementary completes a unit of inquiry under each of these six themes during the school year. Preschool students explore 5 units of inquiry out of the six themes during the school year.
- Who we are
- Where we are in place and time
- How we express ourselves
- How the world works
- How we organize ourselves
- Sharing the planet
Approaches to Leaning
The IB approaches to learning skills (ATL) are grounded in the belief that learning how to learn is fundamental to a student’s life in and out of a school context. In broad terms, IB programmes support learners in developing:
School Policies Documentation
International Baccalaureate (IB) World schools are required to create written policies. The purpose of these documents is to inform teaching and learning in the classroom, to guide the curriculum and to involve families in our goal to educate children in an internationally-minded environment. Please find the following documentation in our Parents Photo Site.
-Programme of Inquiry